Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Balboa/Top Drawer/TC Bal Fest

I really love lindy hop and charleston, but I also really love balboa. I wish there were more people out there (especially leads) who knew how to dance it. The feeling of dancing balboa is different, but oh-so-good. Sure, it isn't as flashy as lindy-hop/charleston, but you must admit by watching Top Drawer's routine (Nick Williams & Marie Mattsson, Jeremy Otth & Laura Keat, Bobby White & Kate Hedin) that it looks classy.


Watching this makes me really excited to go to Twin Cities Balboa Festival this summer (July 8-10th). I went last summer and had a great time! I met so many great people and had so many great dances. The instructors were so helpful, encouraging, sweet, and fun. I can't wait to take more classes with Bobby and Kate again.

P.S. Thanks to all of the great leads who joyfully danced with me that weekend even though I was in the beginner stage of balboa. Marty Visconti, Reed Miller, and Jeff: I'm talking to you. Ya'll made that event one of my favorites thus far in my dance life. Plus, I got to enjoy the company of one of the best bowling teams around that weekend! Thanks Jeff and Patti, Annie, and Lori for letting to good times roll. :)
Hopefully, I'll see you all again in July!

And for the rest of you: you should come too!

No comments:

Post a Comment