Monday, March 21, 2011

Dance Like Yourself

When I appreciate somebody's dancing, their body type or style and how they own up to that are not the first things on my brain. But when I watch somebody's dancing and cringe a bit from how awkward they look, the opposite is true.

Good Examples: (Body Type)

Nina Gilkenson: the woman has a background in belly dancing and has the hips to match. Therefore, it is impressive to watch her when she utilizes the knowledge, skills, and assets that she has.



Carla Heiney: she's super thin and doesn't have curves. Who cares? The woman knows how to use her legs and knees to create great angles and lines.


Good Examples: (Style)

Max and Annie: These two like fast, tricks, and charleston. And they do it so well. Some may not like their style, but even so, you have to admit that what they do, they do well and their dancing looks better for it.


Kevin St. Laurant and Jo Hoffberg: These two like to put on a show and do it with musicality. I'm such a sucker for these two.


Nick Williams and Laura Keat: These two just make the dance seem so old timey and grand. Like they should be on the cover of Time Magazine or something.


These are only a few examples, but I think you get my point. As for not including guys into my body type analysis, I just don't have a great enough understanding to comment wisely on such things (being as I am a female). But men, do know this: it is visible when you do not dance according to your body type.

Conclusion: You are made to be who you are. Celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment