Saturday, January 7, 2012

O Boy, O Balboa!

Remember when I posted a day or so ago and told you that I haven't been that inspired by Lindy Hop? Well, in the past day I've come across a few balboa videos, with the help of my friend Becca, that have got me ITCHING to dance.

This one makes me weak in the knees. I love how both Kelly and Bobby play with the music, especially around 1:00. Noises shot forth form my lips at that moment to express my awe.


I also really love this little ditty of Nelle Cherry and Nick Williams from Lindy Focus this year. Can I just say that I really love Nelle's enthusiasm for the dance? Watching her dance is like watching joy in motion, as her smile says it all. Somebody once made the criticism of saying she gives away her flaws in competitions because she laughs so easily at them. Well, maybe so, but dancing isn't always meant to be perfect, and when you can laugh at and enjoy even your flaws in a dance, even more so in a competition, that speaks of only good things. Anyways, check out the video:


I really want to dance now.

No comments:

Post a Comment