Friday, March 16, 2012

Sam Amidon

Folks, Sam Amidon has done it again! He has made a master piece of an album that I'm sure too many people will never know about (though I hope I'm wrong).

Back in 2008, Amidon released the album "All is Well." This album has been standard in my collection, with Amidon's almost mumbly voice, soft strings, and overall authentic folk sound. It is a beautifully constructed album.

This year, Sam Amidon gives to us another great album "I See the Sign." Once again, Amidon sings with his standard mumbly voice, gives us a traditional folk sound fused with a new artistic twist. I haven't finished listening to the album yet, but I can tell you that I'm excited to hear it all and to listen to it over and over again.




Also, if you live in the Twin Cities, he's coming to town soon. He will be playing at the Walker Art Center on March 22 & 23. It will be a show worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment